Friday, September 30, 2011

DAY 16/30 Long Exposure.

Yes, day 15 is missing. I had no subjects to photograph for the silhouette. I will make that one up. Anyway, tonight's objective was to shoot the trams as they pass using long exposure. This is best accomplished at night with low ISO and a slow shutter speed (shutter stays open longer), hence the exposure being 'stretched' out. I am very happy with these photos tonight. It's my first time shooting with long exposure and I love the effects.  I only used the Canon tonight because I can't change the shutter speed on the iPhone.


Camera: Canon Rebel Xt
Lens: Canon Stock lens 18mm-55mm
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 5.0
Flash: No


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great post- great photos

Dorothy said...

Beautiful work, Leslie.

Love you, mom

Emily said...

Brilliant photos Les! Great job on the exposure.