Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 10/30 A childhood memory.

As soon as I saw this, I knew exactly what I was going to photograph. Only a couple of things from my childhood made the moved from the US to Europe.  I brought along this apron that my grandmother, Lessie Parker, aka Mema, made for me, because it means the world to me and I could not stand it if something happened to it.  It's been to NYC, DC, Lisbon, and now Gothenburg.  Mema was the most amazing seamstress. She was always making clothes for us. She made anything from gowns with matching robes, to wool winter coats. This little apron was something I wore at her house when I would spend the night and cook with her. I spent almost every Friday night with her until about the 4th or 5th grade. She was my bestie. This apron takes me back to her kitchen where we would make Coke floats, divinity, spiced tea, waffles, sweet tea, and by far the BEST pralines on the planet. No doubt where I got my sweet tooth!
Camera: Canon Rebel Xt
Lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/1.8
Flash: Yes. On-camera flash

Camera: iPhone 4
ISO: 640
Aperture: f/2.8
Flash: No


1 comment:

Dorothy said...

I had forgotten about the little apron. And, I had no idea it was included on your moves. So happy you have wonderful memories of the only grandmother you ever knew. She loved you so.

I love you too, mom