Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 15/30 Silhouette.

Silhouette. Failed mission, but I am posting this anyway. These days, my only readily available subject to photograph is myself. This makes getting a good silhouette that much harder. I have put this off for a week now, and as I started shooting, I knew why. Lighting is everything when it comes to a good silhouette. I decided to try the backlighting using my lights in the bedroom. There are these LED lights in here, so I thought it might be easy to get a shot of my feet blocking the light to get a foot silhouette. Well, accomplishing this not easy, and I did not make a passing grade. I will be revisiting this challenge in the days and weeks to come. Next time, I will try more natural light and Atanas!

As you can see from the pics, the iPhone was able to capture the best silhouette of my feet. It's hardly passing, but it's tons better than I got with the Canon. Bottom line is that I have a lot to learn about the settings and light for the Canon.
Camera: Canon Rebel Xt
Lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/4
Flash: No (hence the blur)

Camera: iPhone 4
ISO: 1000
Aperture: f/2.8
Flash: None


This was taken in Lisbon, and it's a good silhouette.
Camera: iPhone 4
ISO: 80
Aperture: f/2.8
Flash: None




No comments: